Trying to get pregnant can be challenging and stressful if it is delayed longer than a couple anticipates. We recommend you help your fertility along with as many resources as possible... reproductive endocrinologist, exercise, de-stress, diet and crystals. The more tools and resources to help you the better. Here are some fertility crystals for you to consider adding to your tool kit:
Which Crystals For Fertility
Flower agate is known for being a feminine stone and encouraging feminimity.
Amethyst is used for dispelling negative thoughts, which calms one’s stress and anxiety. As delayed conception can be stressful, it is good to have a crystal handy to help you through it.
Carnelian with orange hues aligns with the sacral chakra, which is linked to our reproductive system.
Clear quartz helps amplify and increase the effectiveness of our thoughts, energy and crystals and so it is also good to have a clear quartz with your other crystals or when you are meditating.
Rose quartz is the crystal for love, so it is one of the most popular crystals people go to.
The Shiva lingam is a symbolic representation of the Hindu god Lord Shiva and considered sacred.
Usually the Shiva lingam is in a temple, on a base called the Brahma-Pitha, and on a bowl-like structure the Vishnu-Pitha. Together they represent the forces of the universe and the trimurti, Brahma (the creator), Vishnu (the preserver), and Shiva (the destroyer).
The Shiva lingam is phallic shaped and has been traced back to ancient fertility cults.
The Amarnath caves in Kashmir have a naturally formed ice lingam, which hundreds of thousands make an annual pilgrimage to visit.
Lingams are sourced from stones in the holy Namrata River in India and carved in Shiva Temples.
How To Use Fertility Crystals
Indian medicine believes that your body has seven main chakra points, or energy centres, which are invisible energy wheels that keep us healthy. These chakras - root, sacral, solar plexus, heart, throat, brow, and crown - start from the base of the spine through to the crown of the head. Each of these energy centres contains heaps of nerves and organs, so it is important to make sure these energy centres do not get blocked and are always fluid and moving. As crystals carry energy, they can align with a specific chakra to help that area and issue.
The reproductive system is linked to the sacral chakra. So quietly close your eyes, meditate and as you are doing so, hold a carnelian crystal to above/on the lower half of your stomach.
Sleep With Them
I have always loved Dumbledore's quote about dreaming, "For in dreams we enter a world that is entirely our own. Let them swim in the deepest ocean or glide over the highest cloud." It really reminds me of how our mind pursues our dreams in its unconscious state.
Our body and mind are linked and if our mind is chasing our dreams, then our body will as well. Putting a crystal such as a Shiva Lingam by your bed, encourages its vibes to enter your mind and dream about the possible.
The most convenient way to interact with your crystals is to wear them. That way you are always in contact with them. So you could wear a rose quartz ring, amethyst stud earrings or clear quartz stud earrings, for example.
Relax With Them
Where do you relax the most? When are you most at ease? Everyone has a different answer to this but many find they are most relaxed when they are lying in a bath with epsom salts, perhaps even a candle lit. So perhaps take some amethyst in with you and place it on the side, or flower agate, or carnelian....the choice is yours. Why is relaxation with your crystals so important? It helps lower our blood pressure, reduces stress and allows you to accept the universe in, as your mind is not distracted or fighting against things.
Other Things To Keep in Mind
We'd like to help you as much as we can, so here are some other things to consider which may help:
- Reproductive Endocrinologist: A medical specialist should always be your first go-to for advice. They can objectively look at your respective medical histories and current health, to give you an individualised plan.
- Exercise: The Fertility Society of Australia notes the role exercise plays in helping maintain a healthy weight, which is very important for reproductive health. You can read about it here.
- De-stress: The body and mind are interconnected so it is important to look after both. Try a massage, take a bath or meditate to help you de-stress.
- Chinese medicine: There was a successful study using Chinese medicine to treat a 43 year old woman with diminished ovarian reserve and multiple uteris fibrosis. Some of the herbs mentioned in this study which might help, include Dang Gui to improve blood supply to reproductive tissue and organs, Tu Si Zi to improve the quality of oocyte and Ba Ji Tian to stimulate the pituitary gland to improve ovulation.
- Diet: Harvard Medical School advises you eat "whole grains, healthy fats, excellent protein packages and even the occasional bowl of ice cream." They recommend choosing whole milk over skinny milk, avoiding trans fats, using more unsaturated vegetable oils, getting iron from plants such as pumpkins, drinking lots of water and avoiding sugary drinks, and eating slowly digested carbohydrates For more information, you can click here.
We hope our fertility crystals help you and remember to keep adding as many things to your toolbox as well.